By Bernard Mineo
- Features contributions from best Livian students from round the world
- Presents for the 1st time a brand new interpretation of Livy's ancient philosophy, which represents a key to an total interpretation of Livy's physique of work
- Includes experiences of Livy's paintings from an Indo-European comparative aspect
- Provides the main glossy stories on literary archetypes for Livy's narrative of the heritage of early Rome
Read or Download A Companion to Livy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar historical studies books
Fresh years have caused a obstacle of self belief within the ancient occupation, major expanding numbers of readers to invite the query: “How am i able to understand that the tales informed by means of a historian are trustworthy? ” Histories and Fallacies is a primer for these looking suggestions via conceptual and methodological difficulties within the self-discipline of heritage.
Processing the prior explores the dramatic alterations happening in historic knowing and archival administration, and accordingly the relatives among historians and archivists. Written via an archivist and a historian, it exhibits how those adjustments were because of new old considering, new conceptions of records, altering notions of historic authority, alterations in archival practices, and new details applied sciences.
New attitudes in the direction of heritage in nineteenth-century Britain observed a rejection of romantic, literary thoughts in favour of a professionalized, clinical technique. the improvement of background as a systematic self-discipline was once undertaken through a number of key historians of the Victorian interval, motivated through German medical background and British ordinary philosophy.
Like such a lot of young children of warfare, Liliane Richman grew up with a fractured prior. thoughts escaped her. As an grownup Liliane started to believe the necessity to reconstruct her prior, not just to appreciate the folks she enjoyed, but in addition to create a fuller photograph of herself. Bones of Time is the tale of a kinfolk, associated through love and a standard look for domestic: Liliane; her father, a Hungarian tailor who travels to Paris to make his fortune; her mom, a tragic and gorgeous émigré from Germany; Fred, the eldest son, Liliane’s cherished brother and protector.
- The Craft of International History: A Guide to Method
- Writing History in Renaissance Italy: Leonardo Bruni and the Uses of the Past (I Tatti studies in Italian Renaissance history)
- Nazism as Fascism: Violence, Ideology, and the Ground of Consent in Germany 1930-1945
- Guida allo studio della storia medievale (Italian Edition)
Additional resources for A Companion to Livy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- Download e-book for kindle: Master of the Blade (Blade Series Book 2) by Anthony McGrath
- Read e-book online Growing Stories from India: Religion and the Fate of PDF