By Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers is a completely up to date model of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 ebook that keeps and expands at the original's unique acoustical basics whereas including sensible formulation and simulation equipment.
Serving either as a textual content for college kids in engineering departments and as a reference for working towards engineers, this e-book specializes in electroacoustics, examining the habit of transducers by using electro-mechano-acoustical circuits. Assuming wisdom of electric circuit concept, it begins by means of guiding readers during the fundamentals of sound fields, the legislation governing sound iteration, radiation, and propagation, and normal terminology. It then strikes directly to examine:
- Microphones (electrostatic and electromagnetic), electrodynamic loudspeakers, earphones, and horns
- Loudspeaker enclosures, baffles, and waveguides
- Miniature functions (e.g., MEMS in I-Pods and cellphones)
- Sound in enclosures of all sizes, akin to study rooms, places of work, auditoriums, and dwelling rooms
Numerical examples and precis charts are given through the textual content to make the cloth simply acceptable to useful layout. it's a invaluable source for experimenters, acoustical specialists, and to people who expect being engineering designers of audio equipment.
- An replace for the electronic age of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 publication Acoustics
- Provides unique acoustic basics, allowing higher knowing of complicated layout parameters, dimension tools, and data
- Extensive appendices conceal frequency-response shapes for loudspeakers, mathematical formulation, and conversion factors
Read Online or Download Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers PDF
Similar acoustics & sound books
By way of delivering all of the easy wisdom had to check how valuable energetic noise regulate could be for a given challenge, this publication assists within the designing, establishing, and tuning of an energetic noise-control method. Written for college kids who've no previous wisdom of acoustics, sign processing, or noise keep watch over yet who do have an inexpensive clutch of uncomplicated physics and arithmetic, the textual content is brief and descriptive, leaving all mathematical information and proofs pertaining to vibrations, sign processing and so on to extra complicated texts or examine monographs.
This useful guide examines intimately the size, isolation and remedy of noise and vibration difficulties. in response to useful business event of top experts within the box the publication good points finished assurance of criminal, clinical and clinical history, examines noise difficulties of a complete variety of commercial crops, provides complete information of the remedy of noise difficulties and the avoidance via layout, making plans and upkeep and is greatly illustrated with a whole bibliography.
An enormous variety of audio and audio-associated ICs are on hand to be used through layout engineers and technicians. This guide is a complete consultant to the most well-liked and worthy of those units, together with approximately 370 circuits with diagrams. It offers with ICs akin to low frequency linear amplifiers, twin pre-amplifiers, audio energy amplifiers, cost coupled equipment hold up traces, bar-graph demonstrate drivers, and gear offer regulators.
Sir James denims, famous British scientist, has given a actual research of musical sounds, in what's thought of to be the easiest exposition at the topic, a e-book of significant highbrow stature. His goal has been to exhibit specific details, in an easy non-technical approach, that would be of curiosity to the novice in addition to the intense pupil of song.
- Acoustics of Small Rooms
- Room Acoustical Fields
- Acoustic Metamaterials: Negative Refraction, Imaging, Lensing and Cloaking: 166 (Springer Series in Materials Science)
- Sound Souvenirs : Audio Technologies, Memory and Cultural Practices (Transformations in Art and Culture)
- Ultrasonic Transducers: Materials and Design for Sensors, Actuators and Medical Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials)
- Back to Basics Audio
Additional resources for Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers
- Nils Gerlach's Die Legende von Grebenland (German Edition) PDF
- Download e-book for kindle: Applied Epidemiology and Biostatistics by Giuseppe La Torre